One of my frand girl's came up with this yummo in my face pasta salad recipe. She brought a ton over to one of our cookouts, and I demanded the recipe. I, of course, changed the recipe up a tad. It's a fun dish to play around with. You could add a variety of things. Let me know if any of you guys try it out! I'd love to hear some ideas.
Italian Pasta Salad
|| ingredients ||
1 box of Ditalini Noodles
1 can of Diced Tomatoes
1/2 bottle of Italian Dressing
1 small jar of Capers
Red Wine Vinegar
Crushed Red Pepper
- Boil Ditalini noodles according to directions on box. Heat olive oil and red wine vinegar in a small frying pan. Add garlic. Saute garlic for about two mintues. Add mushrooms. Saute for five mintues. Meanwhile, drain pasta extremely well.
- Add pasta to a large bowl. Drain jar of capers and add them to the noodles. Cut up mozzarella and pepperoni. Add both to pasta.
- Drain can of diced tomatoes. Add tomatoes to pasta. When the mushrooms are cooked, add those to pasta.
- Add a generous amount of Italian seasoning and fresh basil to pasta. Add dashes of crushed red pepper and rice vinegar to pasta.
- Add one half bottle of Italian dressing to the pasta. Stir until well coated. Taste test. Add more of whatever's needed. Wham. Bam. Thank you ma'am.
Don't forget to enter to win some jewelry from Ball and Chain! Enter HERE! Contest ends this Thursday!
If you like my blog, help a homie out and vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs by clicking the picture below. Just one click. It will take you to the Top Mommy Blogs website, but you voted for me by just clicking that happy cartoon lady below! YOU CAN VOTE DAILY!! Thank you guys!!